Come join well established flourishing Primary Care private practice in the heart of the Finger Lakes Region in Upstate New York. Offering a high quality of life both personally and professionally. Excellent, dedicated, long term staff and long standing contracts to provide salaried service to outside communities within the Cayuga Health System.
Job Summary: Expanding Ithaca, NY primary care practice seeks an exceptional full-time/part-time nurse practitioner to complement our health care team.
About Us: Ithaca Primary Care remains committed to providing the highest quality primary care and behavioral health services to residents of Ithaca, New York and the surrounding communities. Dr. Stevanovic’s leadership promotes strong relationships among the Ithaca Primary Care health care experts, which extend to the men and women in their care through the establishment of an old-fashioned doctor-patient relationship rooted in trust, competence, and genuine caring.
Summary of Essential Job Functions of the Nurse Practitioner:
- assessing a patient’s health history and presenting illness while considering psychosocial and cultural factors.
- performing appropriate physical examination and ordering laboratory, diagnostic and other screening tests.
- integrating data to develop and implement appropriate treatment plans;
- prescribing, dispensing and discussing medications in compliance with medical practice guidelines;
- educating patients regarding health promotion, illness prevention and community resources;
- communicating information to other professionals and community agencies;
- preparing and updating documentation for medical records;
- participating in continuing education and quality assurance activities to demonstrate compliance with performance standards;
- collaborating with physicians, including referral providers, to manage patients’ acute and long-term medical needs, as well as providing oversight of continuity of care between visits according to treatment plan;
- triaging patient calls and e-mails; and
- performing other duties as assigned.
Minimum Requirements needed to apply for the Nurse Practitioner opening:
- successful completion of advanced practitioner training and certification as a practitioner (general or specialized) from an approved/accredited nurse practitioner program;
- three years of professional experience in a clinical setting, preferably in internal medicine;
- current New York state license with prescriptive authority
- current CPR certification.
Benefits offered to Nurse Practitioner position:
- compensation commensurate with experience
- health insurance plan, dental and vision plans
- life Insurance
- paid vacation and personal time
- paid education credits, licensing fees, liability insurance.
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time
Salary: $55.00 to $65.00 /hour