Chief Medical Officer
Posted 3 months ago
Integrated, Innovative, Independent Provider Lead Health Care System with Excellent Quality of Life
Chief Medical Officer Opportunity located in picturesque Ithaca, New York. Join an Integrated, Innovative, Independent Provider Lead Health Care System with Excellent Quality of Life. This is a newly created senior leadership position designed to ensure that high quality, service-oriented patient care is delivered by Cayuga Medical Associates’ (CMA) physicians on a consistent basis. The Chief Medical Officer has primary responsibility for clinical issues pertaining to the delivery of patient care services, patient satisfaction, and quality at the practice level.
Essential Job Functions
- Physician recruitment, engagement and retention, in collaboration with Chief Operating Officer.
- Adjusts his/her leadership style to the specific needs and talents of physician leaders and practice management colleagues.
- Sets and communicates performance, service standards and expectations to physicians and mid-level providers. Addresses behaviors that are not collaborative, productive, or service oriented in a timely manner.
- Identifies opportunities and initiates improvement in quality, service, productivity, efficiency, access and cost of care
- Exercises professional clinical leadership regarding specific cases or questions of quality or compliance, and counsels physicians when improvement is indicated (examples include, but are not limited to, timely billing, dictation, appropriate billing, appropriate medical documentation, completion of required employee education, etc).
- Manages patient complaint evaluation and follow up process (as pertaining to clinicians)
- Development of physician practice leaders within the practices. Areas of specific development include, but are not limited to, leadership, financial stewardship, payer and governmental regulations, human resources, etc.
- Approval of relevant physician CME and professional membership(s)
- Assists with compensation model refinements, redesign, and negotiations in partnership with the COO. CMO will emphasize the importance of quality and productivity metrics.
- Direct and assist physicians in maximizing practice efficiencies. As an example, physician will lead efforts in holding providers accountable to clinical schedule in comparison to contract, template refinement and approval, scheduling/template standards/scheduling parameters, technology usage (Dragon vs. dictation is one example).
- Ongoing review of physician satisfaction
- Ensuring patient satisfaction as it relates to physician performance and continuous improvement efforts based on results
- Oversight of Physician Action Council (PAC)
- Development and implementation of physician competencies and annual review process
- Development and implementation of physician peer review system
- Development and implementation of medical policies, practices and clinical programs
- Driving, supporting and modeling a service-oriented culture