meet, you’ll have an interview during which we’ll talk about your
areas of interest. We’ll ask you to bring:
- Proof from your doctor that you have had
a physical exam within the past twelve months
- Confirmation that your vaccinations are up to
- A letter of recommendation from a former employer or
assuming your volunteer responsibilities at the medical center our infection
control nurse will administer a PPD skin test for tuberculosis, which is
required for all hospital employees and volunteers. We will also complete a
background check on you.
you’ll have a thorough orientation to the medical center and to the area in which you’ll be
volunteering. Once you are assigned, we’ll figure out a schedule that
works for your availability.
(Cannot submit online application without the latest version of Adobe Reader)
Here is some of the work performed by volunteers throughout the medical
● Giving directions to visitors and
answering the telephone at the visitor reception desk.
● Waiting on customers and stocking shelves
in the Gift Shop.
● Assisting nurses with non-medical matters,
comforting patients and helping families in the Emergency Department.
● Keeping families company in the surgical
waiting room and getting updates for them from the operating room desk.
● Assisting the Intensive/Cardiac Care Unit
clerk, talking quietly with family members, keeping track of visitors, and
answering the phone.
● Stocking exam rooms at the Urgent Care
● Providing clerical support and transporting
patients throughout CMC.
● Signing people in at patient admissions and
helping them to get to their destination.
We hope you
can see yourself in one or more of these activities, because your help would
mean a lot to us.
you’d like more information about volunteer opportunities at Cayuga
Medical Center at Ithaca, please the Volunteer Coordinator at email@example.com. Thank you! It will be great to
have you on board.