Interested in a career at Cayuga Medical Center?
At Cayuga Medical Center we embrace a diverse workforce of talent, where we value each other and celebrate all unique talent. If you are interested in joining our team of compassionate caregivers and team members, we encourage you to apply and learn more about our commitment to our patients and the people who care for them.
Be part of a team that puts the care of others above all else.
Cayuga Medical Center has been serving Tompkins County and the surrounding areas for more than 100 years—bringing compassionate, person-centered care into everything we do.
We invite you to join an outstanding group of more than 1,700 team members and over 200 providers. Together, we offer a wide range of specialized health programs to improve the health of our community.
Our goal is to contribute to a dynamic healthcare team focused on giving the best patient care, right here.
At Cayuga Medical Center, we work to support the people who provide care. That means investing in their development. Our Employee Scholarship Program offers educational support to employees who want to advance their skills and education. The scholarships are funded by generous Cayuga Medical Center Foundation donors. Since its inception, we have provided support to over 650 members of the CMC team.
“I am proud to work at CMC because they are dedicated to improvement and for the first time in my career, I feel like I can make a difference. The teamwork in the Emergency Department is pretty amazing!”
-Aleathia, Registered Nurse
“Cayuga Medical Center offers resources that not only save and improve lives, but they also offer opportunities for career advancement to their employees. They have helped me to further my education as I work to become a nurse.”
-Amanda, Laboratory Assistant
“This has been a dream job. I never thought it would be so perfect or so rewarding. Taking care of patients with respiratory needs is an honor and having the support of such great staff around me makes it that much more motivating to come into work and do my best every day.”
-Calla, Respiratory Therapist
Why people choose to join us
- We offer a very competitive compensation and benefits package, including a generous paid time-off package
- Our full-time and our benefited part-time employees receive the same benefits package
- Health insurance coverage becomes the first day of the month following your start date
- Tuition reimbursement is available for career-related education
- We offer 2 retirement programs – both a Defined benefit and 403b Defined contribution
- We are completing an award-winning, multiphased renovation of the entire medical center
- The medical center is situated on a beautiful campus with gardens, benches, and scenic walking paths
- Our eastern Ithaca and Cortland campuses have been renovated and expanded
Why people choose to stay
- One-on-one employee orientation helps ensure job success
- Excellent internal and external educational opportunities for career advancement (leadership training, technology workshops, ACLS, PALS, and more)
- Tuition reimbursement and Cayuga Medical Center Foundation Scholarships
- Our solid track record of providing opportunities for career growth and promotion within the organization
Employee Culture of Respect
- A culture that encourages widespread participation on medical center task forces and committees.
- Employee recognition programs
- Low rates of employee turnover and job vacancy
- Regular housewide meetings and monthly employee meetings with president and CEO, Dr. Martin Stallone.
- Regular employee surveys that show a high rate of employee satisfaction