Preparing for a Sleep Study
- Maintain your usual sleep pattern
- Continue all medications as prescribed. If you have any questions regarding your medications please call your physician.
- Do not use illicit or street drugs at least one month prior to your test
- Please eat your dinner normally as you would BEFORE arriving for the test.
- Avoid alcohol for 24 hours prior to your test
- Do not drink caffeine after 4:00pm on the day of your test
- Avoid high sugar foods and beverages on the day of your test
- Please be sure that you have recently showered and washed your hair. Do not apply lotions, creams, salves hairspray or hair gels, as this will interfere with the electrodes being able to adhere to your skin.
- Please remove nail polish
- Bring all medications that you may need during the time of your study. You will need to take these on your own, our technicians do not dispense medications.
- You should not take any sleeping medication unless it is prescribed by your physician
- Bring two piece sleep clothes (pajamas, shorts and t-shirt, etc)
- You may bring a robe and slippers, if you wish
- Bring reading materials if you wish. There are TV's in each room.
- You may bring your own pillow if this assists you in a better nights sleep
- Bring your toiletries and a change of clothing for the next day if desired.